A Challenge was issued ...

The bloggers at 3 Fashionteers have asked SL bloggers at large: "What 3 things in your inventory could you not part with?"

Choosing just 3 is the trick here, the challenge. The truth is, there is a lot of stuff in my inventory I don't want to part with ever, and if someone really did come to me and said "sorry, you can only keep 3 things" I'd probably hurt them. Yes, I'm a violently obsessive pack rat. I know. Even now I'm already thinking of things I forgot to consider, things that could easily take the place of what I DID choose. Ah well. I'm gonna stick with my initial choices ...


3 Things

Choice #1: My shape. I made it. I could probably make it again, if I had to, but it would take a while. The thing continues to evolve, constant tweaks and usually a once a year makeover. It is the one piece of my avatar that remains the most constant, and so in a way it is the foundation of my SL identity.

Choice #2: My hair. My dear friend Helena whipped this hair up from a sketch I sent her and even named it after me. I feel most myself when wearing it, and I usually pick light colors like the platinum I'm wearing in the pic.

Choice #3: My skin. This skin is pretty precious to me. Fricka Morgath made it for me for my first rezday, and I can't tell you how perfect it is - it suits me and my personality extremely well. And, as far as I can tell, it is one of a kind.

As I mentioned before there are other things that could easily take the places of any of these 3 (like the piece of art given to me by my friend Jaz, or the sweet dolls made by my friend Max ...). The thing they all have in common, though, is that they were made by my friends and loved ones. For me, handmade gifts are a powerful symbol - both those I am given, and those I make for others. The simple act of creation imbues the created thing with so much intrinsic value to me, it's impossible for me to truly give any of them a value in a hierarchy.

So, you can pry my inventory from my cold dead avatar fingers ;P

Comments