Dreaming of Daylight

Dreaming of Daylight

Winter is the hardest season for me. It's beautiful, but I live somewhat northward, so it's often very dark, and the hours of daylight diminish notably as the winter solstice comes. My brain wants me to hibernate, curl up under warm covers and sleep until spring, but I don't live in a world that really lets anyone do that. So, I spend the winter dreaming of the time when my waking hours will be dominated by sunlight.

Dreaming of Daylight (closeup)

... All the pretty things ... 

poses ... Silent Movie / by NANTRA
These are not a new release, but I really want to bring attention to NANTRA's great bento poses they've been putting out! The amount of personality added by the bento hand poses in this (and all their bento sets) just really pushes these poses to the top of my favorites pile. Seriously, go check them out.


skin ... Atharia (in Fumiko) / by Plastik & TRAP
These new skins are simply gorgeous and magical. They come with all the appliers you could want, including Soul ear appliers, classic skins, matching nail appliers, and all the extras goodies Plastik likes to toss into their skin packages! There are a bunch of colors and a guarantee you'll have trouble picking a favorite <3. Available at Plastik's main shop!

eyes ... Memory / by Kosmetik
Another beautiful eye set by Kosmetik. Multi-colored and fantastical, these will add a little touch of magic to any avie. These were released in December at The Avenue. I haven't checked to see if they are in the main shop yet, but I'm sure they will be soon if they aren't already.

eyeballs ... Occularum 2 / by Sinful Needs
I think I've pointed these out before, but seriously, these are so cool and fun to play with. I love being able to adjust the pupil to the size I'd like - it gives me so many more options with my eyes! Being able to control glow, shine, and eye position from one HUD is really nice too. Pick up a demo, they're great!

eyeshadow ... Bali / by alaskametro<3
lips ... Orchid / by alaskametro<3
Alaskametro makes really gorgeous makeup, with lots of glitter and sheen and color fades and I think everyone should try some of their stuff at least once!

outfit ... Yngvildr top & skirt / by Zibska
What can I say? I always love what Zibska does - their textures and artistry just really tickle the right aesthetic bones for me. Plus I find that good fantasy outfits are hard to find, and this set really hits the spot - fantastical without being too much of any one genre. These aren't a new release, but I was able to pick these up at Zibska's recent annual 50% off sale and I don't regret it for a minute.

Dreaming of Daylight (shooz)


shoes ... Artizan Cloud Pumps / by Pure Poison
Also, can we just take a minute to admire these shoes? I love the metal detailing and the soft suede textures!

hair ... Verona B / by eXxEsS
I've wrong eXxEsS hair a few times, but I just want to mention that the hair is beautiful, the textures are really lovely and realistic, and you get a ton of colors for a very affordable price. If you need hair, and especially on a budget, check them out!

wings ... Wrought Seraph Wings / by ContraptioN
body ... Isis / by Belleza
head ... Catya / by Catwa
ears ... Troll / by Soul
hands ... Dynamic / by Slink
nails ... Addon Stilleto / by Slink
feet & claws ... Avatar Enhancement Feet / by Slink

model ... Hester / by Devae.
A small note about my "model" credits - these are shapes that I've made, usually to match a particular set of mesh body parts and skin. I haven't released any of them yet, but I do intend to. If you are interested in any of them, feel free to IM me :)

windlight & water ... Mirror Lake, from a couple Fantasy Faires ago

✥   ✥   ✥
Image taken in the virtual platform of Second Life (tm)

Comments